Monday, February 4, 2008

A Letter to the Churches of the 21st Century - Introductions

Grace and great joy be to you all.

Writing a letter to the church implies that I am writing to all the people in the church. In addition, I can assume that you are a Christian and that you call yourself a Christian.

Okay I have defined you. Now allow me to introduce myself. My name is Geoffrey, but you may feel free to call me Geoff, pronounced like the name, "Jeff."

I became a Christian when I was at High School and now am about to turn 65 years old. Hence, I have seen many signs and wonders, heard many sermons, and read countless explanations of the meaning of doctrines and bible teachings, but that doesn't give me my authority to write to the churches. My authority is as fresh as the latest thing the Holy Spirit within me, has whispered to me in that still small voice which has such an imperative that there is no confusing the source.

Have I trained as a preacher? No, I am a computer programmer, and trained as an electronics technician. All that proves is that I have some measure of logical thought capacity and some understanding of how computers work.

You may ask me, 'How does that help you when writing to the church?'

Well, not much, except that I need and have a reasonable explanation for my faith, why it works and the way it functions. In my books and articles, my aim is to share this with others.

No comments: